Official Inspection & Briefings
- The Official Inspection will start with the quartet mic-testing at 8:00 PM on Thursday, April 12th in Event Center I of the Northern Kentucky Convention Center. (Competitors are not required to attend the quartet mic-testing portion of the Official Inspection, but being in attendance assures you are ready for the briefings that will follow the Official Inspection.)
- The Quartet Briefing will start at 8:20 PM on Thursday, April 12th in in Event Center I of the Northern Kentucky Convention Center.
- All competing quartets must have a representative present at the quartet briefing.
- The first order of business will be for the competing quartet members and any other Sweet Adelines who are present to serve as the mic-testing chorus to conclude the Official Inspection. The mic-testing chorus will sing “How We Sang Today”.
(Chorus leaders are not required to attend the chorus mic-testing portion of the Official Inspection.)
Directors can be part of the mic-testing chorus and/or be standing on stage during the inspection.
- The Quartet Briefing will continue in the Contest Hall (Event Center I) when the Official Inspection is complete
- The Chorus Briefing will start at 9:20 PM (after the Official Inspection is concluded) on Thursday, April 12th in the Pre-Stage Area of Event Center II in the Northern Kentucky Convention Center. All competing directors and president/team managers are expected to attend; at minimum a responsible representative of the chorus must attend the briefing.
- The Briefings should be concluded by 10 pm.
At the end of the quartet briefing, quartets will have the opportunity to walk-on the stage in the order of appearance. Quartets may start a song, take a bow, start their second song, take a bow and leave the stage.
On Friday, April 13, after the Quartet competition, choruses will have the opportunity to walk-on the stage in the order of appearance. Choruses may be positioned on the risers, start a song and then exit the stage. Choruses will have 5 minutes on stage.
**To Participate in the Chorus Walk-On, please line up in order of appearance in Event Center I, and enter the stage from the audience via the ramp on stage right.