Official Inspection & Briefings
- The Official Inspection will start with the quartet mic-testing at 7:30 PM on Thursday, April 6 in the West Hall of the Lexington Convention Center. (Competitors are not required to attend the quartet mic-testing portion of the Official Inspection, but being in attendance assures you are ready for the briefings that will follow the Official Inspection.)
- The Quartet Briefing will start at 8:00 PM on Thursday, April 6 in the West Hall of the Lexington Convention Center.
- All competing quartets must have a representative present at the quartet briefing.
- The first order of business will be for the competing quartet members and any other Sweet Adelines who are present to serve as the mic-testing chorus to conclude the Official Inspection. The mic-testing chorus will sing “How We Sang Today”. (Chorus leaders are not required to attend the chorus mic-testing portion of the Official Inspection, but being in attendance assures you are ready for the chorus briefing that will follow the Official Inspection.)
Directors can be part of the mic-testing chorus and/or be standing on stage during the inspection.
- The Quartet Briefing will continue in the West Hall when the Official Inspection is complete
- The Chorus Briefing will start at 8:30 PM (after the Official Inspection is concluded) on Thursday, April 6 in the Elkhorn Room A/B/C/D in the Lexington Convention Center, which is close to the East Hall of the Lexington Convention Center. All competing directors and president/team managers are expected to attend; at minimum a responsible representative of the chorus must attend the briefing.
- The Briefings should be concluded by 9 pm.
At the end of the quartet briefing, quartets will have the opportunity to walk-on the stage in the order of appearance. Quartets may start a song, take a bow, start their second song, take a bow and leave the stage.
On Friday, April 7, after the Quartet competition, choruses will have the opportunity to walk-on the stage in the order of appearance. Choruses may be positioned on the risers, start a song and then exit the stage. Choruses will have 5 minutes on stage.
**To Participate in the Chorus Walk-On, please line up in order of appearance in the West Hall, and enter the stage from the audience via the ramp on stage left.